Match day three of the round of 32 of the FFA Cup was another goal fest, with reigning champions Adelaide United getting their title defense off to the best possible start.

Darwin Olympic 1 - 6 Adelaide United

Adelaide had to work hard early in the match, before pulling away late to record a comfortable victory. Marcelo Carrusca opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 18th minute after Osama Malik was brought down in the area. Darwin then equalised less than a minute later to level the scores with a wonderful attacking move against the run of play. However, from there it was all Adelaide.

The Reds took the lead through Jimmy Jeggo in the 38th minute, before he netted another just a minute later to double the lead. Adelaide then scored three goals in as many minutes late in the second half through Cirio, Babalj and Pablo Sanchez to record a resounding 6-1 win.

Sorrento Fc 0 - 2 Sydney FC

Sydney got off to a dream start with a goal inside the opening three minutes thanks to a Shane Smeltz penalty. Sorrento was lucky not to fall further behind with Matt Jurman and Brandon O'Neill both hitting the woodwork soon after. Max Burgess then put the result beyond doubt late in the second half with a brilliant finish from a tight angle in the 77th minute.

Croydon Kings 1 - 2 Lions FC

Lions FC produced the first boil over this year's FFA Cup, stunning their more fancied opponents Croydon FC. Lions were up two nil just after the restart with goals in the 14th and 47th minutes. Croydon was able to pull a late goal back, however it was not enough, as the Brisbane Premier League side held on for a memorable and well deserved victory.

Rockdale City Suns 3 - 1 Perth SC

Rockdale was in control of the match from the outset and went into the half time interval with a two goal lead, thanks to goal from Alameddine ('21) and Macallister ('44). Jesic then put the game beyond doubt in the 57th minute in front of almost 2000 fans with a wonderful run into the box, before a classy finish. Perth managed to peg a goal back in the 69th minute through Clark Keltie to make it 3-1.